Expobar Office Leva Gr1 single boiler 2011 won't turn on

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
KCcoffeegeek

#1: Post by KCcoffeegeek »

Edit/update: the water reservoir sits on a plate that triggers a killswitch so it won't burn out if the water level gets too low. I hadn't added water to the reservoir thinking I would need to move the thing again, but it needs water to trigger that switch. Easy fix. A little embarassing, but hey, whatever!

Hopefully this isn't too general of a question, but bought this machine used from a reputable seller locally (I'm sure he'll take it back if I can't get it running). Bought it as a second machine for work, so I took it to work over the long weekend and haven't touched it. Went to turn it on this AM and it doesn't seem to get power. No light comes on in the front, flipped the brew lever and of course, nothing. Unfortunately, work (college) is not a good place to be taking an espresso machine apart and messing with it and I understand this is a question that a tech could figure out with a multimeter and etc. Any ideas? Is there an easy-to-replace fuse or something I can get to on this machine? It weighs A TON and I really don't want to drag the thing out of here and home and then fix it and then bring it back. Hoping there's something easy I can do but even that is relative, I understand. Thanks in advance!

sketcher88

#2: Post by sketcher88 »

First check if your outlet gets power, if you can. If that's good, then look at the power switch. you might need to take the top panel off to get at it, but if you're handy with a multimeter, you can check if you get resistance across the circuit even when the switch should be "on". If the switch works, then it's more, but it sounds like you don't get any action at all, so no lights, pump sounds, etc, so check the outlet first, then the switch and if both of those work, it'll get more intricate.

KCcoffeegeek (original poster)

#3: Post by KCcoffeegeek (original poster) »

Well, it just needed water. LOL I didn't put water in the reservoir in case I needed to move it again, but there is a plate that the reservoir sits on and if it gets too low on H2O it kills the machine so it won't burn anything out. LOL That was easy. "Did you try turning it on...? :roll: