Eureka Mignon Sileznio burrs spinning wrong way

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
muginate

#1: Post by muginate »

I just bought new Eureka Silenzio and tried to grind, it wouldnt work. After inspection, I found out that the bottom burrs spinning counter clockwise. I tried to find a video some sort of Eureka Mignon machine burr spin and couldnt find any but the burr seems to match. Anyone know how to maybe to fix this? I found a thread about baratza doing the same and some motor wires just need to be switched. Anyone can help?

muginate (original poster)

#2: Post by muginate (original poster) »

Found this:
https://support.clivecoffee.com/en/eure ... in-reverse

After opening mine, everything is correct from the images of this. I am no engineer, but would the reverse connecting the wire from motor capacity would work?
I will not be touching this till someone who knows writes heh

Giampiero

#3: Post by Giampiero »

If Clive wrote this i think he got some input by Eureka, anyway if in Mongolia you have 220 volt instead of 110/120 like in US, i share my electric connection at 220 volt, check exactly the color sequence especially the black and brown wires from the motor to the board.

#4: Post by muginate (original poster) »

Thank you so much for response.

Yes we use 220 volt and the machine is 220V version with Europlug.

Comparing from your image and Clive to mine, the colored connection to capacitor and board are different?
• Brown and Black wires are connected to capacitor
• Red Blue wires connected to board
Clive and yours are the other way around.
Not sure if it means anything.

Giampiero

#5: Post by Giampiero »

Just put the red and blue wires in the capacitor, not important where the red and where the blue.
The brown and black connect to the board, i think any position could be ok, but to be sure follow my photo, of course do it with the grinder unplugged.

#6: Post by muginate (original poster) »

How sure are you with this? I do not want to blow, fry something up.. especially the motor inside.

Marcelnl

#7: Post by Marcelnl »

if someone says 'I think' about something involving 220V ask someone else, why not contact the manufacturer?
(no offense intended)
LMWDP #483

Giampiero

#8: Post by Giampiero replying to Marcelnl »

Not offense at all, but my "i think", it was referred to the Clive advice in his website, because "i think" he don't wrote something to fry the motor of his customers.
EDIT: you probably was referring about another "i think" , i got it, technically what i suggested to the OP is ok, especially because Eureka they produce only or 110/120 Vac or 220/230 Vac grinders and my photo is about a 230 Vac grinder, ( the OP he informed us he is not an engineer so was useless to write technical specific matters).
There are different Vac electric system in the world, but i'm quite sure, almost 100%, that a 220/230 vac in Mongolia is the same as in Thailand or Netherland...but not sure the same in US.

Giampiero

#9: Post by Giampiero »

muginate wrote:How sure are you with this? I do not want to blow, fry something up.. especially the motor inside.
Ask to the seller, or manufacturer, as suggested by Marcelnl. :wink: