Elektra T1 - heating element doesn't start [fixed]

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Thermosiphon

#1: Post by Thermosiphon »

Hi everyone,

I have had my main machine and my Elektra (2016) side by side on a table for a while. I was using my Elektra T1 which worked flawlessly and switched to LMLM for a few weeks. Switched out the LMLM and on moving the Elektra T1 back into position and plugging it in, the machine and electronics and the autofill all work perfectly, but the heating element is not drawing any power. All I did was unplug the machine and leave it next to my current one for 4 weeks. I did clean the Elektra with some Windex (just the outside panels and the drip tray). I haven't done anything else to the machine.

I tried pressing what I think are the safety reset (red button underneath the brain box with LEDs on it). I thought maybe the autofill wasn't working so I withdrew the probe a little bit and sure enough the pump activated... not sure what else could be going on?

I don't see any loose relays or connections and don't want to start pulling at things just yet...

Interestingly, the machine has a "heating element safety mode" in the technician settings that I do not think I activated, but the manual does not explain very well how this works. (Also, does anyone have an English copy of the manual? My german is not super great.)

Thanks.
Cheers,
Bill

Thermosiphon (original poster)

#2: Post by Thermosiphon (original poster) »

This has been solved. I was hitting the wrong red button. The thermostat safety reset was tripped by forgetting to open one of the isolation valves prior to turning on the machine last time. The system was working exactly as intended...I found the (somewhat hidden) reset switch and now everything is great!
Cheers,
Bill