Elektra Microcasa a Leva not heating

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Tim356

#1: Post by Tim356 »

Hi to everyone that loves the lever,

I need help. My Elektra Microcasa a Leva is not heating :( . The tiny light in the switch is on but the bigger ready light does not come on. The GFCI is working that the Elektra is plugged into(the grinder is plugged in the same outlet and works fine). Where do I start? Thanks for any and all replies to my espresso problemo!

tim356
Coffee and a piece of pie. Life is good...

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

Sounds like the over-temperature switch tripped. Unplug the machine. Remove the screw under the driptray, wiggle the plastic bottom off (it may not come off easily; trust me, it's only held on by one screw, so keep trying). Look for a tan switch next to the heating element with a red button. Press it.

The next question is why it tripped in the first place. Did you run the boiler dry?
Dan Kehn

Tim356 (original poster)

#3: Post by Tim356 (original poster) »

Hi Dan,

I try to keep a watch on the sight glass. I don't think I ran it too low,but there's always a first time for everything :oops: ! I unplug the Elektra everytime I'm done in case of a freak power surge. Even a GFCI won't protect against that. I'll do what you've advised and hope to write back with a sigh of relief and a big but humbled grin. :D Thanks for the help and the great forum!

Tim

Tim356 (original poster)

#4: Post by Tim356 (original poster) »

Dan,

You are the Man! A big Thank You sir. You nailed the problem with the boiler running dry(my gross lack of attention to the sight glass)and a very simple fix.

Now for payment, may I send you a pound of fresh roasted Liquid Amber from Sweet Maria's? As for me, I am going to have a nice slice of humble pie to go along with a double espresso that's almost ready. :wink:

Once again, many thanks for all you do on this great forum!

Tim

P.S. Can you help me with the God Shot?

HB
Admin

#5: Post by HB »

Tim356 wrote:Now for payment, may I send you a pound of fresh roasted Liquid Amber from Sweet Maria's?
A tempting offer! BTW, I forgot to ask you for a small favor... would you post a good photo of the over-temperature switch for the next person with the same problem? I looked and looked and found nothing; I was too lazy to remove the bottom just to take a picture of it.
Tim356 wrote:P.S. Can you help me with the God Shot?
Not to worry, you're in good hands with the fulltime lever guys on this forum. I'm just a journeyman on the Microcasa compared to them.
Dan Kehn

Tim356 (original poster)

#6: Post by Tim356 (original poster) »

Hi Dan,

Here is a photo of the Microcasa over-temperature switch. It did take a bit of finger pressure to remove the black plastic bottom like you said. Once removed, the flip of the red switch was all it needed to be up and running again(re-filling the boiler with more water helped too). :o

Tim

: