ECM Giotto's OPV rubber connector

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
vas

#1: Post by vas »

Does anybody know what rubber connector is used on ECM Giotto's OPV? The item on the parts diagram is C449900709, but Google returns what seems to be a regular ULKA pump inlet adaptor, which I tried to install, but it's way too small.

Maybe someone knows there's something similar out there from another manufacturer? The problem is that the ULKA adapter has an inner diameter about 6.5 mm, but the OPV output outer diameter is 9 mm, at least for the one I've bought from espressocare.com. So the connector should be something similar to ULKA's but a bit scaled up.

homeburrero
Team HB

#2: Post by homeburrero »

When I replaced mine I used a replacement OPV. My old one was stuck tight and impossible to disassemble and adjust, and an exact replacement was no longer available*. My new one (from Espressocare) is a much better design - is very easy to adjust. The new one doesn't use a rubber elbow -- the hose just fits directly to the end. Fortunately it was short enough that the hose fit without kinking:

Old Expansion/OPV for ECM and Rocket classic Giottos:

My replacement Expansion/OPV:

* (edit adition) If you search by part number from the old parts list, C229900911, you will find almost everyone selling the new style with that same part number. One exception is a site in Germany that appears to sell the old style part: https://www.kaffeetechnik-shop.de/expan ... c229900911 . I think the new style is still a better choice.
Pat
nínádiishʼnahgo gohwééh náshdlį́į́h

vas (original poster)

#3: Post by vas (original poster) »

Mine has a slightly different drain spout. My concern is the hose will slip off when I will turn the head to adjust.

stefano65
Sponsor

#4: Post by stefano65 »

the one in the first picture Is a standard "ulka rubber elbow"
found in many machines
we has many other vendors sell them.
Stefano Cremonesi
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repairs & sales from Oregon.

homeburrero
Team HB

#5: Post by homeburrero »

vas wrote:Mine has a slightly different drain spout. My concern is the hose will slip off when I will turn the head to adjust.
I don't think that would be a problem. Just fit the hose and hold it or countertwist it on the nipple as you turn the adjuster.

P.S.
Your picture is of a radically different machine than the usual ECM (Italy) Giotto that we are used to seeing
(pics here: Checking condition of used ECM Giotto ).
I google searched for ECM Giottos and Technika's and can't find anything with similar innards. Can you tell us more about yours?
Pat
nínádiishʼnahgo gohwééh náshdlį́į́h

vas (original poster)

#6: Post by vas (original poster) »

Sure it's not any of ECMs :D It's Oscar. I've added ECM's OPV as a mod. I've chosen it because it looks solid. Not disappointed. But it's humongous...

Alan Frew

#7: Post by Alan Frew »

Part no. 620413 in the standard Nuova Ricambi catalogues used by most espresso machine parts retailers.

Alan

vas (original poster)

#8: Post by vas (original poster) »

Thanks Alan, but at least CafeParts says its inner diameter is 6 mm, so it's pretty much the same as the standard ULKA pump connector, which I already tried and it didn't fit. I gave up and pulled the hose right on the spout. Will use caution while adjusting.