E61 M6 Y adapter for temperature & flow gauges?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
BenS

#1: Post by BenS »

Hi There,

Sorry if this has been discussed (I might've used incorrect search terms) but can you get a Y adapter to screw into the E61 port to allow temp and flow pressure gauges at the same time?

Would love a flow control kit but not sure I could live without the temp gauge - or is there a technical reason why this wouldn't be possible?

Cheers, Ben
Brugnetti Giulietta E61 3L 2000w HX, Baratza 270wi

BenS (original poster)

#2: Post by BenS (original poster) »

Or as an alternative, could something like this be adapted to the port - or is it not as simple as that?

https://suku.de/en/product/216-type-497 ... -back.html

They have various versions, I guess the 0-16bar versions would be best for flow control - yes?

Cheers

Advertisement
mckolit

#3: Post by mckolit »

The smart espresso profiler has a y adapter. So it's possible.
https://www.naked-portafilter.com/produ ... -profiler/
You'll need to verify if both ports are standard sizes though.

BenS (original poster)

#4: Post by BenS (original poster) »

Awesome, have asked them. Thanks for your help.

ira
Team HB

#5: Post by ira »

Pressure can go essentially anywhere, but temperature placement is critical as you likely want it as far down the hole as possible so it picks up the flowing water.

Ira

Pressino
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by Pressino »

ira wrote:Pressure can go essentially anywhere, but temperature placement is critical as you likely want it as far down the hole as possible so it picks up the flowing water.
Ira
Yes, and that's why the Taylor thermometer with the probe that is in the water path works so well.The pictured gauge will likely measure the temperature of the group head brass and not the flowing water. An adapter that allows the thermalprobe to enter the water path with a wye connector off to the side for pressure reading should work well to measure both pressure and temperature.

BenS (original poster)

#7: Post by BenS (original poster) »

Pressino wrote:Yes, and that's why the Taylor thermometer with the probe that is in the water path works so well.
I have the Coffee Sensor unit, does that enter the water path as well?

Advertisement
Pressino
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by Pressino »

I don't know, but I would imagine it does not. If the part that screws into the e61 port looks like the one on the earlier posted picture, then it does not. The e61 thermometer I use on my Quickmill machine has a probe that does protrude into the water channel in the grouphead "nose."

daviddecristoforo

#9: Post by daviddecristoforo »

Seems like the profiler adapter would work but you'd need an longer probe in the thermometer to reach into the water path... maybe like this one?

https://coffeesection.com/products/e61- ... cm-expobar

Then the pressure gauge would hang off the adapter's side port. Of course that's assuming that the threads all match up!

Pressino
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by Pressino replying to daviddecristoforo »

Yes, exactly like that, but to connect a pressure gauge to that you'd need a "wye" connection. The thermometer probe would get down into the brew water flow and the pressure gauge would be off to the side. The pressure gauge doesn't need to be in the path of water flow to the brew chamber, since it only needs to measure the water pressure in the brew chamber. :)