E61 flow control - what is the name/size of this screw?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
coffeegeekII

#1: Post by coffeegeekII »

Hi all good people,

So I am trying to custom order a replacement cap for the flow control on my Quick Mill Carola, as the current one burns when you twist it. I've unscrewed the cap, but being the inept guy that I am, I've no idea what this screw is called - let alone what size it is. It's not even a screw, as it holds the cap in place, it doesn't screw on. So... A connector maybe? Any idea?

Thanks so much!

nisb

#2: Post by nisb »

The tiny headless screw that holds the knob in place on the spline shaft is called a "set screw" in American English - I believe the you call it a "grub screw" in the UK

Size will be determined by the diameter (typically e.g. 4mm named M4) and length, e.g. 6mm

Advertisement
coffeegeekII (original poster)

#3: Post by coffeegeekII (original poster) »

Oh perfect! And do you happen to know the dimensions of the spline shaft (length and width)?

Thanks so much!

nisb

#4: Post by nisb »

No idea, sorry. Would contact whomever you bought the kit off, I know that e.g. coffee sensor sells knobs for their kits https://coffee-sensor.com/product/coffe ... od-handle/

For the avoidance of doubt, the M4 6mm above was an example of the naming convention, rather than the size of this particular screw.

coffeegeekII (original poster)

#5: Post by coffeegeekII (original poster) »

brilliant, got it. I will check with them and post the reply here just in case anyone is wondering in the future!

ta
A.