E61 Dual Temperature & Pressure Gauge - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Howardsmith

#11: Post by Howardsmith »

mycatsnameisbernie wrote:Hi Howard, thank you for posting this! I found your post that describes how you mounted your thermocouple and I have a question about it:

It appears the thermocouple is dangling in air between the bottom of the group and the top of the puck, so it doesn't give an accurate reading until water has been flowing for a few seconds. Is that correct? If so, would there be any benefit to fastening the thermocouple to the bottom of the group, so it would read the actual group temperature while the machine is idling?
What you can see in the image you have found is an 'at puck' thermocouple that I rigged up for testing. This is not what I am talking about.

The temperature controller that is mounted in the drip tray has a thermocouple connected to it that is mounted to the e61 itself. You can hardly see it in the videos. It is routed via the inside of the machine and mounted on the underside of the e61 group where it meets the body of the machine. If you run the back of your index finger up the face of your machine underneath the group you will eventually run into the spot where my thermocouple is mounted.

Howardsmith

#12: Post by Howardsmith »

You can see it here with silver tape covering it. I have stuck it on with heat transfer paste.