Conti Rebuild - Page 5

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
espressme

#41: Post by espressme »

Now you know what Bill, Greg, and I found for ourselves. She is a wonderful machine I would put her against any made anywhere, at any time for quality of espresso. The only reason I gave mine up was that I had a Cremina and could better use the counter space. I no longer had the ability to carry it and the accouterments to charity gigs.
You are indeed fortunate to have OE in your batting box!
Cheers and many wonderful pulls!
~Richard
richard penney LMWDP #090,

bill (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#42: Post by bill (original poster) »

Javier,
If I were you I'd replace the pressurestat with a Sirai. Also, if I were doing it again I'd install a thermal safety switch with a manual reset. I think Doug has one that you could just attached to the boiler.
Bill
LMWDP #43

I wasn't born in Texas, but got here as fast as I could!

Javier

#43: Post by Javier »

Richard and Bill - many thanks for your comments and recommendations. They are really welcome.
If I were you I'd replace the pressurestat with a Sirai. Also, if I were doing it again I'd install a thermal safety switch with a manual reset. I think Doug has one that you could just attached to the boiler.
I will probably get the Sirai pressurestat. Regarding the thermal safety switch, do you mean one of these: http://www.orphanespresso.com/search.as ... earch=Find ?? If you do not mind me asking, where exactly do I mount/attach this to the boiler?
LMWDP #115

bill (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#44: Post by bill (original poster) »

Yes, that's the type hi-limit switch I was thinking of. I'd think attaching it to the bottom part of the boiler near where the heating element is located would be appropriate. Not sure how to fasten it to the boiler, but Doug could probably advise you.
Bill
LMWDP #43

I wasn't born in Texas, but got here as fast as I could!

orphanespresso
Sponsor

#45: Post by orphanespresso »

TWINS? As in human baby twins??? As for the safety fuse..a small bracket could be fabricated to attach a smooth face thermostat to one of the lower boiler bolts Ann wire it in on either wire of the heating element.

Javier

#46: Post by Javier »

TWINS? As in human baby twins???
Exactly..... due mid-May :D
As for the safety fuse..a small bracket could be fabricated to attach a smooth face thermostat to one of the lower boiler bolts Ann wire it in on either wire of the heating element.
Thanks so much for the information Doug!
LMWDP #115

Bushrod

#47: Post by Bushrod »

Your Conti is awesome!

Congrats on the twins!
Rich A

LMWDP #131

hperry

#48: Post by hperry »

Javier,

Congratulations on the Conti. They are really great machines and brew an awesome cup. You will have fun bringing her to prime condition. I also think the Sirai is a good idea, they are relatively inexpensive and virually "bullet proof."
Hal Perry