Brugnetti Aurora restoration - Page 3

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
espressme

#21: Post by espressme »

Not only a great restoration but great pulls, cool woodwork and tampers too!
-Richard
richard penney LMWDP #090,

JonR10

#22: Post by JonR10 »

Terrific job!!
such a beautiful machine....and the espresso pull looks GREAT!!

Nice work Juanjo :D
Jon Rosenthal
Houston, Texas

Weber Workshops: tools for building better coffee
Sponsored by Weber Workshops
Juanjo (original poster)

#23: Post by Juanjo (original poster) »

thanks..

now is DONE..

like the see-trough look!? ;)

yes... I ran out of coffee :D
cheers,
Juanjo

Juanjo (original poster)

#24: Post by Juanjo (original poster) »

here is a spring pressure test I did..
both seems to be right on at 9bars.
I'm no expert in lever machines.. so any input is more than welcome.
cheers,
Juanjo

sorrentinacoffee

#25: Post by sorrentinacoffee »

awesome! Looks super tasty- and a nice full volume.

looks really, really great.

I love the style of the machine, well done- the black ended up working very well. The see through side panels work brilliantly- it is great to see the line of the water hose going into the groups and steam arms from the side.

Belgarath

#26: Post by Belgarath »

Juanjo wrote:I'm no expert in lever machines.. so any input is more than welcome.
I saw that vids a few days ago on youtube (I think - can't see them right now, since I'm not at home). If I heard correctly you let the levers just "snap" - if I'm right: please don't ever do that! It's way too much stress for the group-elements - you will break something rather sooner than later, especially if you let the lever snap up without load in the portafilter! And THAT would really be a shame, since I suspect you wouldn't be able to get fitting spare parts.

So: when you pull the lever down, don't let it "snap" to its resting position but guide it there (although that should not be too much of a problem). When you release the lever from its resting position, lead the lever until you feel resistance before you let go. NEVER EVER let it spring back to it's upper position without the PF being loaded! That hurts!

Other than that there is not much difference to pump driven machines (besides, of course, the finer tasting espressi, ristretti, ... :D ), but you have less electronics to worry about. Only drawback with that machine: it has no HX, so you get the brewing water directly from the huge boiler ...

Regards,
Klaus
LMWDP #271

Juanjo (original poster)

#27: Post by Juanjo (original poster) »

Klaus,

lol, you are right (in part). In that video the handle "snap", but "snap" away from my hand unintentionally..
And believe me, it hurt me when that happen.

This machine is indeed HX, the water comes from the pressure of the water line.. even with the boiler cold and the machine OFF if I pull the lever down I get cold water coming from the group head (if is connected to the water line)
On the other hand, if the machine dosent have water pressure, even when ON and HOT it dosen't get water to the group head.

the one think it was non functional in the machine I replace few days ago, the solenoid valve for the auto fill, now is truly 100%. And have to say, (something I never tho possible) I like what comes out of this lever machine more than any of the other pump HX machines I had before.. can't beat the preinfusioin of this baby.. :D

thanks,
cheers,
Juanjo

Espresso Vision: the perfect cup of coffee starts with understanding your roast
Sponsored by Espresso Vision
Belgarath

#28: Post by Belgarath »

Juanjo wrote:Klaus,

lol, you are right (in part). In that video the handle "snap", but "snap" away from my hand unintentionally..
And believe me, it hurt me when that happen.
Good, I AM relieved *phew*
This machine is indeed HX, the water comes from the pressure of the water line.. even with the boiler cold and the machine OFF if I pull the lever down I get cold water coming from the group head (if is connected to the water line)
On the other hand, if the machine dosent have water pressure, even when ON and HOT it dosen't get water to the group head.
Great - obviously I was mislead by that photo, because my 1 group Aurora Brugnetti Export with HX has another system.
And have to say, (something I never tho possible) I like what comes out of this lever machine more than any of the other pump HX machines I had before.. can't beat the preinfusioin of this baby.. :D
And, of course, the way the pressure builds AND decreases partly while the good liquid stuff is slowly filling the cup :D

Thanks for sharing!
LMWDP #271

wouter

#29: Post by wouter »

hello Juanjo,

Great looking machine, maybe mine will look just like yours one day

It is still a bit crapy, I think mine is the oldest of all these here

Strietman redefines the craft of espresso making