Breville Oracle brew pressure issue

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
lleguizamo

#1: Post by lleguizamo »

Breville Oracle brew pressure is not working as before.

{background info} brew was working fine. opened machine to adjust the opv to six psig and must of lowered it too low since there was just a trickle of water coming out of the empty portafilter. then opened the machine again to adjust the opv again and as i disconnected the hose a lot of hot water came out. used a rag to catch the water before putting the hose back on. now adjusted the opv as it was before and no pressure is building up.

see video of issue here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Eqyyl ... sp=sharing

let me know how to fix this.

also no water coming out of the "hot water" spout.

JRising
Team HB

#2: Post by JRising »

What is that sound all the way through the video? I can barely hear the pump over the noise. Is one of the boilers empty? Did you let the water out of the brew boiler then turn it on and let it heat until the element burnt? If that noise is coming from the machine, unplug it and check it for damage.

lleguizamo (original poster)

#3: Post by lleguizamo (original poster) »

Have been in contact with Breville support and they have not been able to see my video. They just want me to switch baskets and grind size. Has not helped. I think that there is something going on with the brew boiler since it gets to temperature (200 degF) but no pressure. Any diagnostics I can try? Already tried to descale with no solution as suggested by Breville last week.

lleguizamo (original poster)

#4: Post by lleguizamo (original poster) »

Unit sent today. $509 -20% includes all shipping, parts, labor, etc. with a 6 month warranty.