Breville Barista Pro leaky connector

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
matebence96

#1: Post by matebence96 »

Hi,

I've noticed that there is a big amount of water under my Sage (Breville) Barista Pro after every use. I've opened the case, and checked where it is coming from. I realized that there is some leak at the plastic elbow connected to the ThermoJet. First I thought that it must be the O-ring, but after I've changed it I made a backflush to test it, and noticed that the water is coming from the elbow part itself. It is made by injection molding and where the two halves connects, the water sprinkles out of it. After hours of Google search, I am begging for your help, what is the name and serial number of this part, and where can I get it?

Thank you very much for your help!!

slipchuck

#2: Post by slipchuck »

If you can't replace the part try using plumber's tape. It's basically rubber that stretches when you wrap it to seal the leak

Randy
“There is nobody you can’t learn to like once you’ve heard their story.”

pcrussell50

#3: Post by pcrussell50 »

Is the elbow cracked or broken?

In the top photo, the mineral residue looks like it is coming from where the the tube is clamped to the elbow. Re clamping it will fix your problem... unless the elbow is cracked or broken.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

matebence96 (original poster)

#4: Post by matebence96 (original poster) »

Hi,

Do you think plumber's tape could resist the temperature and pressure coming out from the Thermojet?

Unfortunatelly the elbow is definetily cracked :(

alexbaristapro

#5: Post by alexbaristapro »

Hi matebence96,
Have you solved your problem? I have a similar issue on my Sage Barista Pro. I could not find any spare parts compatible with the damaged elbow plastic connector. I'm wondering if there is any solution to repair it in case that a new spare part is unavailable.
Regards, Alex.