Breville Barista leak found, need clip

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Mhusernam

#1: Post by Mhusernam »

Found the leak of my machine. Clip holds high pressure line onto pump and is broken. Any idea where i could buy one (im in Australia)

lancealot

#2: Post by lancealot »

Ouch!
These guys are in AUS, they should be able to help. You could buy one of the service kits which include the clip, or call them and see if they will sell you one clip. Good luck

https://outwestcoffee.com.au/index.php ... lle-parts/

yakster
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by yakster »

Looks a bit like a cotter pin clip which hardware stores may carry. You might also be able to use a ty wrap (plastic zip tie) or a small hose clamp.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

luvmy40

#4: Post by luvmy40 »

Home Depot in the U.S. carries clips that are close enough in size to work well. Try the Aussie equivalent?

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by Nunas »

Some years ago, the exact same thing happened to my only 6-month old Breville Baristas. I asked Breville to send me one and they either couldn't or wouldn't :evil: They made me send the machine in for repair. It was damaged in shipment :( and they sent me an older refurb in place of my nearly new machine. When the same thing happened to it about a year later, I took a finishing nail of about the right gauge and bent it to fit. It worked like that until the machine died a couple of years later.

slipchuck

#6: Post by slipchuck »

There is wire you can buy that acts like bread tie. Not sure what it's called by we call it tie wire
Used it as a temporary fix for a brake line on my old truck

Randy
“There is nobody you can’t learn to like once you’ve heard their story.”