Brand New Rotary Pump

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
cafeman

#1: Post by cafeman »

Hello All,

Purchased a new rotary vane pump and got a few questions.

1. The piece that plugs into the motor is removable. My understanding based on the part description this is called the chuck. Based on what I can tell as long as it is in place and secured with the provided clamp all is good. Does anyone have this type of pump with the chuck? If so, have you had any issues? Just curious because the procon pump I am replacing the part was one-piece and not removable. I've provided a pic below.

2. Also another question is the part had what appears to be grease, is that normal? Should I remove or just leave that on. Note: I did wipe off that green stuff. Again a pic below.

Thanks!

Stine

#2: Post by Stine »

I recently checked the procon pump on a Rancilio HX and the plug was solid with the pump, however some models might have it removable and sandwiched between the pump and the motor.

The grease is normal since you have a mechanical connection between 2 moving parts, although the tolerances should be quite tight between the two pieces. That area is non in contact with water, so it's totally safe.