Boiler not filling

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Sneeuberg

#1: Post by Sneeuberg »

Hi All
I have a Brasilia Roma Machine. My boiler is not filling up. The pump kicks on but the water is pumped directly out of the overflow pipe and nothing going to the boiler? Any help as to where the problem may lie would be much appreciated.

DaveC

#2: Post by DaveC »

You may have one or more problems.

1. Check the autofill solenoid is working, receiving power, not scaled up and responding to any power it receives.

2. If the solenoid is faulty, excess water shouldn't come out of the overflow, if it is then the expansion valve may be set too low, or the pump too high. It should be set around 11-12 bar and your pump set to 9 bar.

3. In the unlikely event the water is coming from somewhere else e.g. the top of the boiler (someone added an overflow pipe to pressure release valve or vacuum breaker), then it could be overfilling the boiler, what's the steam pressure gauge showing?

Take top off machine and have a look, even upload a photo, and 3 other very important bits of information. How long have you had the machine, how old is it and when was it last serviced (what was done), so people can help you better.

Sneeuberg (original poster)

#3: Post by Sneeuberg (original poster) »

Thanks Dave

Will check that out and take it from there. Much appreciated.

cafeIKE

#4: Post by cafeIKE »

How old is the machine?
Ever serviced?

The OPV could be jammed / deteriorated

Roma manual - may not be for same Roma

Sneeuberg (original poster)

#5: Post by Sneeuberg (original poster) »

Hi Dave
The machine has'nt been serviced in ages. The machine is about 25 years old. I live in a remote area and do repairs myself and am usually able to sort it out. I do the usual cleaning etc. I am going through it slowly servicing what I can but this one has got me stumped for now. Going to open up the inlet housing and check for scale.