Bezzera Miticca - Loud explosive noise, steam - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
caffeinatedjen (original poster)
Supporter ❤

#11: Post by caffeinatedjen (original poster) »

I guess that replacing the exhaust valve wasn't the whole problem with my Bezzera Mitica. It is still making the loud explosive noises, with the pressure going way up beforehand. It is just periodic, making me think the pressurestat is sticking like Dan said before. I did descale it in case that had something to do with it. I found the part at 1st-Line, is that all we need to replace, and can we do it ourselves like we did with the exhaust valve?
https://www.1st-line.com/buy/elektra-01344035/

JRising
Team HB

#12: Post by JRising »

Super easy. The only potential difficulty is finding a thin enough 17mm wrench to hold the p-stat while tightening up the fitting (Also 17mm but width doesn't matter on the fitting)

Supporter ❤

#13: Post by caffeinatedjen (original poster) »

Thanks! Got the part ordered, managed to refrain from ordering a backup espresso machine. :)

Supporter ❤

#14: Post by caffeinatedjen (original poster) »

I have the part, we can't find the original on the machine to replace! We have it all apart, have been looking at the diagrams, does anyone know where it is on this machine?

ira
Team HB

#15: Post by ira »

It will often be on the end of a copper tube that started at the top of the boiler, travels down and then back up to try and keep water away from the valve. It might look different but should have 2 or 3 wires connected to it. You might take some pictures of the things on your machine with wires attached so we can point and say, that's the one.

Supporter ❤

#16: Post by caffeinatedjen (original poster) »

Supporter ❤

#17: Post by caffeinatedjen (original poster) »

I put some pictures of the inside that we took on the previous post, anyone have any ideas about which part it is?

ira
Team HB

#18: Post by ira »

What's the square thing at the very top of the second picture. It has a pipe like I described that goes down and then up. It looks like a Sarai pressurestat. Those don't usually fail though the can be rebuilt or the connecting tube could be clogged. Pretty easy to take it off and check. Also, in the future it's a lot better if you post the pictures here so they don't vanish in the future. I'm always wary of clinking links that take me off this site.

Supporter ❤

#19: Post by caffeinatedjen (original poster) »

Sorry, Michael took the pictures, I told him to embed them but for some reason it didn't work. So we should try to take that box off and maybe ream out the tube in case it's clogged? The pressurestat replacement is by mater, will that by ok? Thanks again for the help.

ira
Team HB

#20: Post by ira »

The Sirai is typically considered a much better piece than the Mater, but there should be no reason you can't use it instead if the wiring supports only one switch. The Sirai in my machine can switch 3 phases but the Mater can switch only one. And you' don't ream pipes like that, you descale by letting them soak in a vinegar or citric acid solution. I always try to support them so the bubbles only come out one end so they act as a pump to move the solution through the pipe.