Bezzera Magica hot water tap leaking

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
FWcoffee

#1: Post by FWcoffee »

Machine is about 3 years old. No problems until just recently, I found the counter top wet. Actually, a towel I keep laying next to the machine on the side where the hot water tap/wand is was soaked. I put a large glass under the hot water wand and sure enough, it was half full of water by the end of the day. I work from home and the machine is on from 5 am till 3pm. I don't use the hot water wand often. Occasionally I'll make an Americano. I suspect something inside the tap body is allowing water to leak by. This machine has the joystick type controls. I'll probably be a little different than most when I say, I prefer knobs. So... I'm thinking, if I'm going to have to replace this tap assembly, is there a knob version I could use out there? I don't care if it's by Bezzera or anyone else. What the knob says on it, I don't care. Just looking for an informed opinion on what assembly I might be able to use.

Thanks in advance.

jerrymouse

#2: Post by jerrymouse »

Just take it apart, clean it and replace the seal (if needed). This is quite common and easily fixed.

FWcoffee (original poster)

#3: Post by FWcoffee (original poster) »

Thanks, I pushed it in all directions wondering if maybe it wasn't sealing etc. Seems to have stopped, but I will get an extra seal ordered and have on hand.