Baratza Sette 270 Wiring Repair

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
ontherun

#1: Post by ontherun »

Bought a used Sette yesterday and took it apart for deep clean. After reassembly the motor wouldn't run, so I took the cover off and, lo and behold, the black wire that registers with the hopper safety clicker had broken off. Apologies for my poor terminology, new to the game. Any way to repair this? If not, anywhere I can buy a replacement part? Haven't been able to find one online.

Thanks all.

ira
Team HB

#2: Post by ira »

Not a great picture, but I'd guess it's some sort of a "micro switch" and you're going to need a new one. I say this with reservations, but if you don't have small kids who might stick their fingers in, you could just jumper the two wires together and other than the missing safety it should work fine. Also, you can try calling Baratza, they are really good with spares.

Ira

apoopoo999

#3: Post by apoopoo999 »

That's a safety switch so you can't run the motor while the hopper is off. If you jump those 2 wires together it will run. Just remember to unplug the grinder if you ever decided to mess with it with the hopper out

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by Nunas »

I'd drop a line to Baratza. I've found their after-warranty service and parts to be outstanding. I bet they'll send you a new switch at a reasonable price or even for free.