Bacchi, coffee leaking cold

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
clemartin

#1: Post by clemartin »

Hello,
i have 2 bacchi espresso, an old one, which wasn't whistle blowing anymore, and a new one, which appears to be leaking a cold coffee after 3min on gas, valve closed.
I inverted pieces, the "Caffemotive AMSTE0001X00 Front Knob", but it doesnt change anything. every pieces are cleaned, dried, and lubed.
i tried to fill the "Caffemotive FMSET0002X75 Anodized Intermediate Sector" part with water, valve closed, and it didnt leak any drop of water.
I do not understand how the water comes all the way to the top and leaks, with cold coffee, while the valve is closed.

Maybe the front knob isn't enough sharp anymore, smoothed end with use ..., would it be possible?
Anyone have the same trouble?
thanks for your answers...

ira
Team HB

#2: Post by ira »

You might find some answers here:

The Bacchi vs proper espresso machines?

clemartin (original poster)

#3: Post by clemartin (original poster) »

Thanks Ira,
i found this from cofeedom
"
-- Leaky spouts (as mentioned above) WILL happen eventually, even with good cleaning of the group, meaning that the coffee starts dripping from the spouts before the valve is opened. This is due to the seal between the brass valve and the aluminum group breaking down. For those with this problem, it is *part 7* that you need to replace.

-- If you order a Bacchi, order 2 spare part 7s (the group). They are not expensive and with maintenance will last 3-4 years each."
I guess i have to order those part 7 washers
have a bice day
Clem

clemartin (original poster)

#4: Post by clemartin (original poster) »

Well...This unfortunatly machine is not produced anymore, and spare pieces are only sold in US.
So i had to find a solution: do not throw your bacchi to the junk trash, cos i found a way to fix it.
Since i am in France, i had to find a solution, so after many trys, i found this:
cut a band of aluminium paper, fold it in 6 or 7, square shape, cut the corners to make an octogon, then remove the "part 7 button valve", pour the aluminium octogon down the tube (some times you have to try many times to center it in order to cover the ancient hole), screw back the valve button to press on it, then unscrew it again, and then all you have to do is just to make a thin pin hole in the center of your aluminium paper pach. Screw back the valve, and prepare for cofee!
This will last 10+ cofees, then do the trick again.
sorry for my bad english,
in france we callit "system D"
enjoy :)

Giampiero

#5: Post by Giampiero »

If you are in France,maybe you can eventually try to contact this seller in Germany.
https://www.avola-coffeesystems.com/bac ... so/8139586