Astoria teardown and rebuild - Page 3

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
civ

#21: Post by civ »

Hello:
forbeskm wrote: ... one way valve needs an o ring ...
The same as with the vacuum valve applies:
CIV wrote: Take them apart, give them a thorough clean up with the usual stuff ie: vinegar/dilute acids/etc. and replace the seals.
---
Where possible, replace any 'O' rings/seals with silicone versions which will last much longer.
Paul Pratt recommends using them instead of other materials such as Viton or Nitrile.
Cheers,

CIV

forbeskm (original poster)

#22: Post by forbeskm (original poster) »

Parts.

I may still rebuild the pump, trying to track down the noise. Cafeparts had them all in one place! And I could bring a few things like a hose down, etc to track down the few odds and ends I was missing from this list. Not bad really. Every seal /rubber/copper was replaced. Added a new water line and drain hose.

Advertisement

#23: Post by forbeskm (original poster) »

I will post an inside picture , need to find one.

Here is the machine back together on a flojet and water bottle. Espresso shots pulled. Very easy machine to work on with available parts.

#24: Post by forbeskm (original poster) »

Thanks, yes, i replaced the oring! Beat a new valve. Astoria has the separate valves and they have the new combined valve. The combine would have required pipe changes. So I went with the o ring. Put the valve in backwards the first time :). Figured it out before I turned it up.

Lots of whack a mole on leaks but that was expected, forgot to tighten a few things. Top of the sight glass dropped out of its fitting, all in all a good time. I did forget to tighten the vacuum cap, was leaking through the threads.
civ wrote:Hello:

The same as with the vacuum valve applies:

Cheers,

CIV