Anyone rebuild a Fluid-o-Tech pump?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
fossum_13

#1: Post by fossum_13 »

I'm attempting to restore a ten year old Promac Green and I recently caused a leak from the pump by adjusting the set screw. The pump seems to be fine, but probably needs a new set of o-rings. I've found the schematic from Fluid-o-tech, but I can't find parts anywhere online. I know a new one is only like $150, but o-rings should be less than $5.

Any direction is much appreciated...

https://www.fluidotech.it/site/assets/f ... -parts.pdf

Coffcarl

#2: Post by Coffcarl »

Fluid-o-tech has an office in Connecticut. They were very helpful when I needed to replace my vibe pump. I am sure if the original parts are available they will be able to source them for you.

fossum_13 (original poster)

#3: Post by fossum_13 (original poster) »

Excellent. I'll give them a call on my lunch break.

mike01

#4: Post by mike01 »

Fluid-o-Tec also offers a rebuild service, which I've used and it is much more economical than buying a new pump.

I.Fix.Jura

#5: Post by I.Fix.Jura »

The right way to do it: https://www.uswatersystems.com/media/pd ... ctions.pdf
Won't be cheap.

JRising
Team HB

#6: Post by JRising »

If the pump works well, there's no need to rebuild it.
Just put a new o-ring on the bypass valve's adjusting screw.

I.Fix.Jura

#7: Post by I.Fix.Jura »

I usually value my time more. So if I spend time on something, I only want to do it once.

#8: Post by fossum_13 (original poster) »

JRising wrote:If the pump works well, there's no need to rebuild it.
Just put a new o-ring on the bypass valve's adjusting screw.
I agree, but I can't seem to find the size in any of the PDFs. I've made a guess that it's a 2mm x 5mm and ordered every o-ring around that size, but I'd appreciate if someone could take the guesswork out.

I also e-mailed them Thursday afternoon and didn't hear from them by the weekend. I guess I'll try calling, but I don't have high hopes.

Found out the pump is a MA202Z by the way, which doesn't seem to exist according to Google.

pcrussell50

#9: Post by pcrussell50 »

mike01 wrote:Fluid-o-Tec also offers a rebuild service, which I've used and it is much more economical than buying a new pump.
Exact same with ProCon. A fixed fee rebuild service that is much cheaper than replacing. Super nice. Real people who really communicate.

Also, to the original topic... the forums seem to be rich with fail stories of people who tried it themselves.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

#10: Post by fossum_13 (original poster) »

pcrussell50 wrote:Exact same with ProCon. A fixed fee rebuild service that is much cheaper than replacing.
Also, to the original topic... the forums seem to rich with fail stories of people who tried it themselves.
mike01 wrote:Fluid-o-Tec also offers a rebuild service...
Yeah, I'd be interested in using one of these services. If it's cheaper than a new one. I can't find a rebuild kit for this anyways. That said, the $130 isn't too bad for a new one.

My hope is that I can just replace the o-ring and be on my way, but finding the right size has been difficult locally. We'll see how the repair goes in a week, when I get the million various sizes of o-rings I bought.