Advice buying 240v automatic espresso machine in USA

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Pvermilyea

#1: Post by Pvermilyea »

Hello from the USA. My 120v Saeco Talea Touch seems to be nearing the end of its life and I wanted to replace it with a 240v machine since they can heat so much better. I've got a 240v receptacle in my kitchen I have been using successfully for years with a water cooker and milk frother I purchased in Germany. (I converted my wall receptacle to a German plug)

I'm looking for anyone who currently uses a European automatic coffee machine in their home in the US. Where did you purchase it, and exactly which model do you use? If I can't find an online vendor I might just put one in my suitcase next time i fly back from Germany. But then I'm taking a chance the unit won't work properly and flying back to return it would be a pain, (haha) so that's why I'm asking here first.

There's a lot of conversation online about theoretical incompatibility of the 50/60 Hz and power issues, and but not much concrete information on a particular unit that does or does not work based on firsthand experience.
Thanks in advance!

JavaInOttawa

#2: Post by JavaInOttawa »

Hi,

I bought a La Marzocco Strada from Germany and I had a 220V plug installed in my kitchen and had the plug on the Strada changed to North American standards. I'm also getting a grinder from Germany tomorrow and the man who built it recommends that i get a converter for it.