Adjusting Zacconi pressurestat

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
zrieser

#1: Post by zrieser »

Hello all,

I have successfully pulled apart, descaled, rewired, and replaced gaskets on my original zacconi riviera. Since putting it back together it's now running high (1.7 bars). I only do espresso with it so would like it right about 1 bar.

I can't seem to figure out this pstat. It has a "wheel" in the middle but I can't seem to turn it or figure this out.

Adding picture of the finished rebuild because I am pretty proud I was able to do it. :lol:

Looking for advice, thanks

JRising
Team HB

#2: Post by JRising »

It looks like there's a little brass set screw (first picture, same side as the white wire) screwed against the threads to stop the wheel from adjusting the pressostat... If you loosen the set screw, that should allow the knurled wheel to be turned with just finger strength. Turning it lefty-loosey to extend it slightly further toward the microswitch should lessen the boiler pressure.

"Adding picture of the finished rebuild because I am pretty proud I was able to do it. :lol:"

You should be, that's a good looking machine.

zrieser (original poster)

#3: Post by zrieser (original poster) »

That was it! Once I loosened the screw I could adjust. Now running just over 1 bar!

Thank you!