1954 Victoria Arduino Supervat Restoration - Page 21

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Paul_Pratt (original poster)

#201: Post by Paul_Pratt (original poster) »

erics wrote:Paul -

Could you provide some details on the protocol used in the thermofilter tests? Did you modify the standard thermofilter in any way?

The reason I ask is that lever machines have been shown to record some unusually high temps at relatively low boiler pressures.
Hi Eric. No nothing special, just let it heat up for at least 30 mins and then pulled a few dummy shots and then let it sit for another 30 mins. I may have done a quick purge before the first measurement shot but after that I just did back to back "shots", unlocking and dumping the excess water each time.

dmccallum

#202: Post by dmccallum »

This thread has been an eye-opener in terms of what to look for in a project. I have to admit had the original wreck been offered to me I'd likely have passed on it as 'too hard, don't have time or not desirable enough'. I love all the bakelite, the chrome work particularly the main cabinet shell is impressive and I liked the boiler repair travails.
The finished machine is beautiful and underlines the potential was always there. Note to self, stop restricting your activities to just Faema & Gaggia..

Paul_Pratt (original poster)

#203: Post by Paul_Pratt (original poster) »

The custom springs for the front valves arrived and are working perfectly. Very beefy they are too.

The machine has been plumbed in to my kitchen area and will be in use from tomorrow. I am not sure if I posted this already but here is the inside of the machine with the heatshield installed. This is largely redundant now since it does not run on gas and the insulation was removed.