Unread Pro - Page 3

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
HB (original poster)
Admin

#21: Post by HB (original poster) »

Jeff wrote:I think that I've inadvertently hit "Unread Pro" on my iPhone and had it mark everything read (twice now today). This is a change over the last couple days.
Hmm-m. I would expect the addition of a new forum shouldn't affect the mark logic, but if you want to test, you can mark a thread unread with the "*" button. That should add a thread back to the unread list (that Unread Pro can use as test data).
Dan Kehn

Jeff
Team HB

#22: Post by Jeff »

Confirmed that Unread Pro from the MENU is marking everything read on iPhone.

Edit: Repeatable here
• Unread posts (regular) shows unread threads
• Select Unread posts (pro) from MENU
• No posts are shown
• Select Unread posts (regular) from MENU
• No posts are shown

Advertisement
yakster
Supporter ♡

#23: Post by yakster »

I tried to replicate this on my iPhone too but when I switched from Unread to Unread Pro I still had two pages of unread threads. I was able to access the second page of Unread Pro, but when I tried to go back to the first page I fat-fingered the Mark All Read button which was fairly close to the page navigation on my iPhone.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

HB (original poster)
Admin

#24: Post by HB (original poster) »

I haven't tried reproducing Jeff's problem yet, but it may help reset by doing a "mark all read". That records a timestamp used by Unread Posts/Unread Pro; if that timestamp is off, it can cause a lot of weird display results
Dan Kehn

Jeff
Team HB

#25: Post by Jeff »

I can reproduce the behavior on macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave) and Chrome 84.0.4147.105

As this suggests that my settings are somehow "messed up", I'm continuing to not modify them.

HB (original poster)
Admin

#26: Post by HB (original poster) »

Thanks Jeff! I took a second look at that code and it should be working correctly now.
Dan Kehn
★ Helpful

yakster
Supporter ♡

#27: Post by yakster »

Dan,

Feature's working great, I think you can probably remove the testing zone section for the Unread Pro settings page.

Also, I noticed you added a feature that shows when the original poster replies to their thread, great feature, I really like being able to tell when the OP replies in the thread.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Advertisement
HB (original poster)
Admin

#28: Post by HB (original poster) »

I'll come up with a better name - that section is for creating links that represent different settings. For example, you might have one bookmark for removing lots of unread stuff and another for a lighter hand (versus mucking with your pro settings). The "OP" mention was suggested by a new member that saw it on another forum they frequented. I've gotten used to it, too. :D
Dan Kehn

yakster
Supporter ♡

#29: Post by yakster »

No need to remove if it serves a purpose. I just thought it was left over from the testing days.

Thanks, Dan.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

HB (original poster)
Admin

#30: Post by HB (original poster) »

From Ignore Topics:
cafeIKE wrote:A little over 14 years ago I requested a way to ignore a thread : Ignore This Thread

For the most part the Unread Pro weeds out forums of no interest.

BUT some topics in which I have ZERO INTEREST go on for a very long time. After a while, it gets annoying to filter through them every day.
Sorry for the wait! I've finally added "Skip topic" to Unread Pro. It's helpful for those cases where you follow most of the threads in a given forum, but aren't interested in a particularly active one that keeps popping up in your unread topics list:

Select this and that thread will no longer appear in Unread Pro. If you want to check the list of threads you've skipped, go to the Unread Pro settings.
Dan Kehn