Unable to upload photos to new listing

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
hroberts
Supporter ❤

#1: Post by hroberts »

Hello!

I am unable to upload my photos! I receive the following error:
It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.

ira
Team HB

#2: Post by ira »

What kind of image were you trying to upload and where did they come from? I've never seen the error and no idea what it means.

BaristaBoy E61

#3: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Try dragging the jpg directly into the dialogue box you're writing in and then scroll to the bottom of the box after the image has been uploaded to 'Place inline' after your text.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

My guess is the resolution of the mobile phone you're using is exceeding the server's ability to resize; try resizing before uploading (see Posting images on HB for online options if you don't have an editor handy). If it continues to be a problem, please email me the images in question.

Dan Kehn

yakster
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by yakster »

If you're trying to use a URL using the insert image tool at the top of the message, that only works for pictures already posted on Home-Barista and not for externally hosted images. I sometimes use this to post a photo to a thread that's already been posted before to avoid uploading an image again.

To upload a new image, go to the bottom of your new post below the text box and select the images tab and click on Add Files. Once the file has been uploaded, don't forget to insert the image into your message.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

hroberts (original poster)
Supporter ❤

#6: Post by hroberts (original poster) »

They were taken with a phone and then airdropped to my computer!

hroberts (original poster)
Supporter ❤

#7: Post by hroberts (original poster) »

I figured it out! thanks for all of the help + feedback!