Text on mobile phone is sometimes hard to read

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
yakster

Postby yakster » May 02, 2018, 7:18 pm

I really like the "mark page read" feature, so I'll float another request to you.

When I'm looking at pages of unread posts, sometimes the size of the text is large and easy to read and sometimes the size of the text is small and much harder to read. Your board probably uses the length of the longest thread title in the size algorithm. My ask is that you bump up the size to make it easy for me of a certain age to read on a phone. I'll attach screenshots of Page 1 and Page 2 of unread messages showing the larger and smaller text to give you an idea.

I would just resize the page, but when I do that it doesn't all fit on the screen and wrap the lines.

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

HB
Admin

Postby HB » May 02, 2018, 7:38 pm

yakster wrote:My ask is that you bump up the size to make it easy for me of a certain age to read on a phone.

The text size should not change, i.e., it's the same output always. I assume it's something about your phone as I've not seen what you show above. That said, I've noticed the mobile layout includes more detail than necessary. For example, the page links are kind of useless; they could be removed and simply replaced by "Last post" (the topic itself would go to the first). Realistically, the pagination links on a mobile phone are too small to touch-click anyway.
Dan Kehn

yakster

Postby yakster » May 02, 2018, 7:42 pm

Thanks, Dan, for looking at this.

I'm using Chrome on an Android.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

HB
Admin

Postby HB » May 09, 2018, 8:08 pm

I'm not sure if it will help, but I tweaked the mobile layout to remove the teenie-tiny pagination links and changed the viewport parameter that controls zoom on mobile phones per these recommendations. Let me know if the situation improves. If it doesn't, please post your browser's user agent so I can try to reproduce it.
Dan Kehn

yakster

Postby yakster » May 16, 2018, 2:13 am

The changes didn't seem to make a difference. Here's the screenshot of the user agent if you want to check.

-Chris

LMWDP # 272