Testing image upload

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
Peppersass
Supporter ❤

#1: Post by Peppersass »

This didn't work in Preview. Testing whether it does after Submit.

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

Copy/paste your user agent; maybe that will give me a clue why this is happening. You can also e-mail me the image and I'll try it.
Browser is Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.181 Safari/537.36

Mobile: false
Tablet: false
iPad using Safari: false
Capability: A
Dan Kehn

Advertisement
Peppersass (original poster)
Supporter ❤

#3: Post by Peppersass (original poster) »

My image agent is pasted below. I think it's mainly a problem with uploading from the Tor browser. I thought it had failed under Chrome, too, but I think it was because the board was trying to re-use the photo I uploaded with Tor. When I copied that file to a different filename Chrome was able to upload and display it properly.

In other words, I think Tor messed up the file somehow, and the board reused the corrupted file when I tried uploading it with Chrome using the same filename.

It looks like the board gives a duplicate file a different name, but something must have gone wrong with that mechanism.

It's hard to troubleshoot this because none of the files I uploaded appear in the Manage Images function. Is there a delay before they show up there?

I emailed you the file. It might have something to do with that particular file, but the Tor upload also failed on other files.

Here's my user agent:

Browser is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0

Mobile: false
Tablet: false
iPad using Safari: false
Capability: A

It's the Tor browser version of FireFox, but with the Tor network disabled. Also going through a VPN, but that's always worked in the past.

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

Peppersass wrote:I think it's mainly a problem with uploading from the Tor browser.
The image you sent uploaded correctly (below). I've not tested using the Tor browser. It may be the combination of Cloudflare and the Tor browser that's the problem

It's hard to troubleshoot this because none of the files I uploaded appear in the Manage Images function. Is there a delay before they show up there?
I don't use that list much, but it used to work. Looks like I broke it in one of my attempts to fix the upload problem. I'll add it to my list. :|
Dan Kehn