Site upgrade

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
HB
Admin

#1: Post by HB »

The site has been upgraded it to the latest version of phpBB. You'll probably notice minor UI changes in colors, icons, and layout. Everything should work as before, but if not, let me know. Thanks!
Dan Kehn

NelisB

#2: Post by NelisB »

Looks great!

OldNuc

#3: Post by OldNuc »

Other than having every page open on the mobile layout before switching to desktop it seems to be working fine.

HB (original poster)
Admin

#4: Post by HB (original poster) »

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that oddball refresh in the forum navigation bar ("Index * Buying Advice * Tips ... Buy/Sell" becomes a clickable icon)? If so, it's always been that way in phpBB's expand/collapse code. I find it occasionally annoying, but I looked at the JavaScript and it's calculating what items will fit based on the window width after it's rendered. I don't know of another way of doing it.

If that's what you mean, increasing the window size slightly for the desktop will avoid it.
Dan Kehn

OldNuc

#5: Post by OldNuc »

No, for example when I select a topic to read the first thing that pops up is the mobile layout and then it switches to the normal desktop layout. This will happen when I submit this response.

HB (original poster)
Admin

#6: Post by HB (original poster) »

Hmm-m, I'm not seeing that. Please try clearing your browser cache, it may be caused by "old" files from the prior version. If that doesn't fix it, then click this link and copy/paste the results. For me it shows:
User Agent

Browser is Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.14; rv:69.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/69.0

Mobile: false
Tablet: false
iPad using Safari: false
Capability: A
Dan Kehn

OldNuc

#7: Post by OldNuc »

Well this is interesting. Results after clearing cache is identical as before. That is the correct user agent from the link provided
User Agent

Browser is Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:69.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/69.0

Mobile: false
Tablet: false
iPad using Safari: false
Capability: A

HB (original poster)
Admin

#8: Post by HB (original poster) »

The only difference is you're apparently running Linux (X11). Does it change behavior if the window is larger/maximized? What do you mean by "pops up in the mobile layout"? Does it briefly show up in the mobile layout, and then a few seconds later, switches to desktop? As is always the case in debugging, it will be very hard to solve if I cannot reproduce the problem... :?
Dan Kehn

Bunkmil

#9: Post by Bunkmil »

Looking at the site on my Android phone using Chrome and I don't see the button to subscribe at the bottom of the page.

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by Nunas »

Seems to be all okay here. Running Ubuntu 19.04 on ASUS X555D.