Site upgrade - Page 4

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
Randy G.

#31: Post by Randy G. » Sep 09, 2019, 3:04 pm

Randy G wrote:The "Notifications" and "Inbox" each use to show "0" if there we no messages.
HB wrote:I hadn't noticed that; I'm OK with the (new) minimalist look. The color bubble around the number of notifications is eye-catching.
Will the inbox/notifications show when there is a message awaiting as in the past with a numerical indication ?
Espresso! My Espresso!
http://www.EspressoMyEspresso.com

HB
Admin

#32: Post by HB » Sep 09, 2019, 11:39 pm

baldheadracing wrote:1. The MENU button displays a different menu between desktop and mobile for me. Mobile is like before:
It's always been that way. I didn't code it, but I assume the phpBB developers figured that if it was on the main navigation bar, it made sense to put it above the items in the dropdown. That makes sense to me from a visitor's viewpoint, but I see how for a long-time member, it's less obvious.
baldheadracing wrote:2. A sponsor ad (as opposed to doubleclick) shows up at the bottom of the desktop page with "No ads" turned on. To be honest, this may have been the case before and I am just noticing it now:
It's always been that way (rather than "stretching" the related topics all away across).
Randy G. wrote:Will the inbox/notifications show when there is a message awaiting as in the past with a numerical indication ?
Yes.
Dan Kehn

Chert
Supporter ♡

#33: Post by Chert » Sep 10, 2019, 11:34 am

I think software developers are a little glib when they say 'upgrade'. In the health care industry at least when software gets upgraded, I see change and have to scramble to do the same thing I was doing before, often less efficiently. And improvement, well that is a different story that will hopefully come within the next 25 years... we'll see.

But as to this 'upgrade', I notice that the ads and some images flash or dance a little, like the Klatch ad. Years ago my avatar had animation and that capability was quickly stripped.

Can HB users animate their posts now?

threesips
Supporter ♡

#34: Post by threesips » Sep 10, 2019, 11:37 am

I see the date and time of the last post in each category has been restored to the main forum menu page on my mobile phone browser. Thanks!

HB
Admin

#35: Post by HB » Sep 10, 2019, 5:34 pm

Chert wrote:Can HB users animate their posts now?
GIFs are supported in posts and avatars. Of course, GIFs can be animated, but they can become distracting quickly, which is why they are strongly discouraged on this site.
Dan Kehn

OldNuc

#36: Post by OldNuc » Sep 13, 2019, 9:08 pm

By accident I have found the cause of the display of what looks like the beginning of the mobile layout followed by the desktop layout.

I am out in a very rural area and the internet is delivered on a licensed radio link using TDMA to the house at 1E6 b/sec max. Yesterday the ISP did some equip upgrades and drastically reduced the latency of the network. The mobile display is now just a flash that would be unrecognizable if I did not already know what it was.

The cause is a relatively slow internet connection with high latency.

OldNuc

#37: Post by OldNuc » Sep 19, 2019, 8:47 am

This post is in both Lever Espresso Machines and Buy/Sell with the identical post title "[WTB] Need help finding a Conti Prestina pressure gauge". There is no Post Reply or report buttons.

HB
Admin

#38: Post by HB » Sep 19, 2019, 8:54 am

Dan Kehn

Jake_G
Team HB

#39: Post by Jake_G » Sep 19, 2019, 8:58 am

There's this one, too, but it seems to route to the buy/sell forum. Ghost topic?

OldNuc

#40: Post by OldNuc » Sep 19, 2019, 9:17 am

Now it is completely gone from Lever Espresso Machines but the post reply button is also still missing from the Buy/Sell post. The post that was in Lever Espresso appeared to link to the Buy/Sell post as well.