Search problem past first page of results

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
yakster
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by yakster »

I was looking for an old post of mine today and noticed a peculiar problem. When I tried to view the second or subsequent page of search results, the URL would mess up and add "start" to the search terms.
/forums/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=sweet+maria%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20start&author=yakster&start=10

Here's the first page:

Here's subsequent pages:

I can manually edit the URL to get to subsequent pages:
Page 1: /forums/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=sweet+maria&author=yakster&start=10

Page 2: /forums/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=sweet+maria&author=yakster&start=20
Never found that post, though. :(
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Advertisement
yakster (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by yakster (original poster) »

I tried the search again and I can no longer reproduce the reported issue.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

I wasn't able to reproduce it, but looking at your first URL, I see lots of %20's. That's a URL-encoded space, as if it were searching on "sweet marias " (spaces) and not "sweet marias". I would have expected leading/trailing spaces to be ignored, but apparently they're not. I'll add some code to remove them.
Dan Kehn

yakster (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by yakster (original poster) »

It happened on several searches when I first encountered the problem and I didn't intentionally pad the search with spaces, but when I came back later it worked fine. Strange. Maybe it's a result of the ICANN DNS maintenance this weekend. :)
-Chris

LMWDP # 272