Problems with site? - Page 14

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
HB
Admin

#131: Post by HB »

JohnB. wrote:I've seen regular slowdowns for ages.
JohnB. wrote:...just pointing out that the Speed Insights test doesn't show the issues we had.
Right. And my point was that your report of long standing performance issues isn't widespread, according to Google's assessment. It may be the network route from your location to the nearest Cloudflare data center is problematic.
Dan Kehn

ira
Team HB

#132: Post by ira »

HB wrote:Sheesh, rough crowd! Not like it was my fault either. :|
Not like we're blaming you, but you're the only one who has a chance of getting the problem fixed, so you get the attention.

Ira

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#133: Post by JohnB. »

HB wrote:Right. And my point was that your report of long standing performance issues isn't widespread, according to Google's assessment. It may be the network route from your location to the nearest Cloudflare data center is problematic.
Agreed. When the issue has happened in the past I'd usually check with another member on the other coast & they weren't having problems. Waited a few days before saying anything this last time & for once it wasn't just me. :D
LMWDP 267

yakster
Supporter ♡

#134: Post by yakster »

Thanks, Dan for optimizing the site, it's been great for me after the few days of host induced slowness.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#135: Post by LBIespresso »

Been all better for me in NJ for the past 2 days. Gosh, not being able to view this site is almost as bad as not having coffee...almost.
LMWDP #580

Plinyyounger
Supporter ♡

#136: Post by Plinyyounger »

The site has been fine until the recent issues. It's not faster then ever before now and the slowdowns were recognizable by most of us. It is running well now, please don't take what some of the users are saying personally. They are the same people who think .0005sec diff in their espresso pulls makes a difference. You are doing a terrific job.
Family, coffee and fun.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#137: Post by baldheadracing »

D*mmit, just started again. Hopefully it will disappear just as quickly
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

HB
Admin

#138: Post by HB »

I noticed a hiccup, but everything seems fine now. While it won't help much if there's no page at all, I've added some "sanity check" performance statistics at the bottom of the page:
Overall performance: fast (1), page: 0.3/0.1/1.3s (server/process/total)
For the curious, here's how they map to PerformanceNavigationTiming:

It doesn't include browser startup ("Prompt for unload" and "Redirect" above) and HTML parsing ("Processing" and "Load" above) since they're rarely sources of intermittent performance problems.
Dan Kehn