Posts edited by admin should be marked as such

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
boren

#1: Post by boren »

I believe that edits by admin to posts such as this are well intended, and I appreciate the effort made to make threads easier to find (by attempting to improve the title and adding links), but it should still be something that's noted on the post somehow. Better yet - list the changes or give access to the original post so that thread creators don't need to wonder what exactly was changed and why.

Thanks!

robin416

#2: Post by robin416 »

You mean to tell me they didn't tell you? They've told me every single time by PM.

boren (original poster)

#3: Post by boren (original poster) »

Not this time...

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

Sorry boren, I thought you had a typo in your title and "corrected" it; apparently it was my misunderstanding. While I was there, I added a link to your prior thread so readers would understand the context. I should have PM'd you to let you know, but frankly, I got distracted by my real job and forgot. :oops:

As Robin noted, I sometimes edit thread titles consistent with the recommendations in How do I ask a good question? This helps cut down on repeat questions, since visitors are more likely to re-find prior discussions. It also encourages more meaningful participation, especially among more experienced members who often skim subjects and skip over those that are vague or unclear (e.g., the classic "I have a grinder question" thread :lol:). When I do this, I send a PM to the poster, not only to let them know about the edit, but invite them to undo it if I got it wrong.
Dan Kehn

boren (original poster)

#5: Post by boren (original poster) »

No worries, and thanks for explaining!