Notifications missing

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
GregoryJ

#1: Post by GregoryJ »

I've seen a bunch of strange behaviors tonight, and I'm guessing they're related.

- when I click on the notification bell it is empty, all of my old, read notifications are gone

- buy / sell forum was all unread, even though I had previously marked almost all topics as read

- there are new responses to topics that I was getting notifications for, but I didn't get any notifications

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

That's weird. It sounds like all your notifications and subscriptions were deleted (?). There is an auto-purge of old notifications after a year of inactivity, but that obviously doesn't apply to you. I can't recover the lost notifications, but you can "reset" the unread marks by clicking "mark read" on the main page. That clears all the tracking entries for your login and should remove any inconsistencies.
Dan Kehn

GregoryJ (original poster)

#3: Post by GregoryJ (original poster) »

Thanks Dan. I did a little more digging and under my "notification settings" I noticed 2 boxes were unchecked:
- someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed
- someone sends you a personal message

I just did as you said and marked everything as "read" so I can at least see what is new since this morning. My last email notification was 21 hours ago, so I guess something happened between then and now to delete all my subscriptions.