More improved support for smartphones - Page 3

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
HB (original poster)
Admin

#21: Post by HB (original poster) »

Peppersass wrote:Does it also automatically resize when you upload via the standard Upload button (i.e., not from a smartphone?) That time-saver would be much appreciated.
Yes, it resizes all uploaded photos, if necessary. But to save server resources and have complete control over the resizing of your photos, I recommend doing it before uploading. :)
Dan Kehn

drgary
Team HB

#22: Post by drgary »

As an ongoing issue I'm frequently asked to login on my iPhone even though I've checked the box for the site to remember me. Do others experience this too?
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Possepat

#23: Post by Possepat »

Every single time I do anything on HB.com
"Do what you want, you're gonna do it anyways!" - My father

LMWDP #365

Louis

#24: Post by Louis »

drgary wrote:As an ongoing issue I'm frequently asked to login on my iPhone even though I've checked the box for the site to remember me. Do others experience this too?
No issue here. IOS 6, Safari.

drgary
Team HB

#25: Post by drgary »

To help Dan troubleshoot: IOS 6.0.2, Safari, iPhone 5.
Gary
LMWDP#308

HB (original poster)
Admin

#26: Post by HB (original poster) »

It's always done that for me. I assumed it's mobile Safari deleting cookies since it only keeps history of the last 8 pages (unlike the desktop version, which keeps a deep history and doesn't delete cookies until they expire).
Dan Kehn

cpreston
Supporter ♡

#27: Post by cpreston »

Same issue here w iPhone. But other sites generally stay logged on. Mostly I only notice the logoff issue with HB.

HB (original poster)
Admin

#28: Post by HB (original poster) »

It's a shot in the dark, but I tried reducing the strictness of the session validation (i.e., the IP address of a mobile phone may change as you move about, which could lead to the session not being recognized despite the presence of a session cookie).
Dan Kehn

drgary
Team HB

#29: Post by drgary »

What the heck, why not? I'll let you know if there's an improvement. The alternative is to make Apple a sponsor of this site and entice them to add a cookies setting feature to mobile Safari. :roll:
Gary
LMWDP#308

williamsavona

#30: Post by williamsavona »

Dan, I am wondering if you have any plans to upgrade the HB icon so that it doesn't look pixelated and fuzzy on the the newer iDevices with higher resolution screens.

This probably explains better what I am talking about. http://osxdaily.com/2012/03/29/set-a-re ... mark-icon/