Luca joins Team HB

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
HB
Admin

#1: Post by HB »

Luca has been active with online coffee forums for many years, both here and on CoffeeGeek. In fact, he was among the first 100 members of this site. We've tried to convince him to join Team HB a few times and he's always demurred. But not this time! :D Please welcome Luca to Team HB.
Dan Kehn

belegnole

#2: Post by belegnole »

Congrats Luca!
LMWDP #641

Advertisement
yakster
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by yakster »

Well picked, Congrats and thanks Luca.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

bean2friends

#4: Post by bean2friends »

Wow. A member since 2005. I joined in 2010 and I often reflect now days on all that I didn't know then. Some things never change. I still don't know what I don't know. But, I am so comfortable now with my coffee. I kind of take it easy. I feel blessed that HB led me to a Mini Vivaldi and a Compak K10 Pro grinder and my Huky roaster. I am no expert on tasting or brewing perfectly or getting perfectly declining rates of rise on my roasts. But, I am easy with my routines and I enjoy so much about this hobby. And, I am grateful for those who went before me like Luca.

luca
Team HB

#5: Post by luca »

Hi all,

Thanks for the welcome.

Dan and many of the others will remember that way back in the day, if you wanted a pretty good quality grinder, you probably had to buy something that had a dosing chamber and somehow work out how to live with it. Most commercial espresso machines were heat exchanger machines and if you wanted to be able to adjust brew temperature at the touch of a button, you had to install your own PID. In Australia at least, start of second crack was a light roast and you could not buy filter coffee in a cafe. Times have changed, and mostly for the better.

The internet has also evolved a lot. Blogs have largely gone extinct, or morphed into money generating endeavours, with high production values. Social media has emerged and many of the forums that are around have become rather confronting places to visit. The spread of broadband and the advent of the smartphone have also made online video a thing. Well, I'm not pretty enough for video, too lazy for high production values and I like sensible and clever exchanges that explore topics in more than a sentence or two, so I'm quite glad that HB is still around!

Cheers,
Luca
LMWDP #034 | 2011: Q Exam, WBrC #3, Aus Cup Tasting #1 | Insta: @lucacoffeenotes

Randy G.

#6: Post by Randy G. »

luca wrote:The internet has also evolved a lot. Blogs have largely gone extinct, or morphed into money generating endeavors, with high production values. Social media has emerged and many of the forums that are around have become rather confronting places to visit. The spread of broadband and the advent of the smartphone have also made online video a thing. Well, I'm not pretty enough for video, too lazy for high production values and I like sensible and clever exchanges that explore topics in more than a sentence or two, so I'm quite glad that HB is still around!
I resemble those remarks. Having a face made for radio, and an attitude that educational material should be easily accessible with normally no more than one click to get to what you want makes my website look like it came out of the 486, EGA era, but some of those same attributes have kept me active here on HB as well. I was there for the death of alt.coffee, and maybe Kevorkian'd it along a bit myself. I have been watching the nurses tend to coffeegeek.com as it too slowly fades in its usefulness. I was very active on both those forums for many years. I'm glad Dan invited me to join HB back in 2007. If it weren't for Home-Barista.com I don't know what I would do.. probably get a lot more work done around the house I expect as soon as I get one, that is.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done