Latte Art Forum?

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
DerSchoeneBahnhof

#1: Post by DerSchoeneBahnhof »

Currently there are latte art posts within the "Tips and Techniques" forum.

I wonder if it would make sense to have a new "Latte Art" forum as there is not a lot of activity on that topic (understandable considering the time investment needed to learn and practice latte art) and it gets diluted within the other posts in "Tips and Techniques".

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

It may be a chicken-and-egg problem, but based on a quick search for "latte art" in the subject for the last year, there's only been 13 threads; there's 212 threads in the site's history. My rule of thumb for a dedicated forum is > 1000 threads and regular activity (see Should there be a forum about water? for previous example and alternatives like tagging).

My casual observation is that latte art was a really hot topic years ago and it's been surplanted by more coffee-related topics (e.g., light roasted coffee, which was barely a topic of discussion 10 years ago). However, I'm open to the idea if there's enough interest.
Dan Kehn

MNate

#3: Post by MNate »

Subject of a how-to? Most looking for this, I'd gather, are fairly new to the site and they may have better success finding it there than buried in a forum. We tend to also have links to popular latte artist/teachers that really do the work for us: just watch these videos (if we're alright with doing that officially).