Last post does not have "quote" option

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
Marshall

#1: Post by Marshall »

Dan,

Maybe I missed this before, but I am now noticing that the only response option for the last post in any thread is "REPLY." "QUOTE" is only available for the preceding posts. Is this new? Can it be corrected?

Another thought. Could the "Notify me" option be made a default in our individual profiles, so that we do not have to open the "Options" tab on each post and check a box (I often forget to do this).

Thanks.
Marshall
Los Angeles

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

The very last post shows reply instead of quote to subtlety discourage quoting en masse. The quote button for posts are available in the topic review section below the main edit pane if you want to excerpt portions of any post in the thread, including the last one.

As for the notify message, click Notify me upon replies by default in your profile.
Dan Kehn

Marshall (original poster)

#3: Post by Marshall (original poster) »

Thanks, Dan.
Marshall
Los Angeles

cafeIKE

#4: Post by cafeIKE »

...split/merged from Clumping and tamping by moderator...

Randy G. wrote:...and why doesn't the last post in a thread have a "Quote" button.. Quite inconvenient.. or is it just at my end?
Marshall reported the No Quote a while back... There's no need to quote the post above, except for 20th century types with dial-up :P :wink:

Marshall (original poster)

#5: Post by Marshall (original poster) »

Yes, there is, mainly when you want to respond to two or three lines out of a 15-line post.
Marshall
Los Angeles

TimEggers

#6: Post by TimEggers »

Agreed (with Marshall).
Tim Eggers

LMWDP #202

CoffeeOwl

#7: Post by CoffeeOwl »

Marshall wrote:Yes, there is, mainly when you want to respond to two or three lines out of a 15-line post.
Me too! No quote for the last message is pretty annoying.
'a a ha sha sa ma!

LMWDP #199

Randy G.

#8: Post by Randy G. »

Marshall wrote:...when you want to respond to two or three lines out of a 15-line post.
Exactly....
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

cafeIKE

#9: Post by cafeIKE »

Bitch! Bitch! Bitch!
Well, if you observant types scroll down the edit page on your 640x480 monitors, you'll see a quote button on the last message :P

cai42
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by cai42 »

Greetings,

If I get a new monitor with better resolution will my clumping problems vanish? :D

Cliff