Improved support for smartphones - Page 3

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
tekomino

#21: Post by tekomino »

jasonmolinari wrote:Haha...did you use a 6' long cheese stick or slim jim to control the ipad?
Kinect :lol:

SlowRain

#22: Post by SlowRain »

Is there a way to view private messages with a phone, or am I just not seeing it? On the desktop version there is a dedicated link for the inbox.

Every time I want to make a post, the text size is ridiculously large and my screen focuses on the middle of the input box. That means I can't see what I'm typing as the text is being entered above.

HB (original poster)
Admin

#23: Post by HB (original poster) »

This is what it looks like on my iPhone:

What smartphone are you using? What is its resolution? Please click this link to display your browser's agent and post the result.
Dan Kehn

SlowRain

#24: Post by SlowRain »

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000, running Android 2.2. I think the resolution is 480x800.

The banners look the same as yours across the very top. The second row on mine reads:

Reviews * How-Tos * Forums * Marketplace * Features * Resources * FAQs

What you have on the third row is two rows for me. All on the first line:

Index * Tips & Techniques * Espresso Machines * Grinders * Coffees * Buying Advice * Lever Espresso Machines * Home Roasting

The last two are centered on a fourth row on my screen:

Knockbox * The Bench

Knockbox is situated under the last half of Grinders and the first half of Coffees. The Bench is under the last half of Coffees and the word 'buying' from Buying Advice.

However, just from playing around, I know that the logout button is between and a little below Buying Advice and Lever Espresso Machines. The inbox button seems to be hidden below Grinders and above Knockbox. The user control panel seems to be below Buying Advice and above The Bench. Search is hidden below Espresso Machines. Does that help, or does it just make things sound even stranger?

EDIT: Looking at my desktop and now that I think more about it, it looks like the last four items (Search, Inbox, Options, Logout) have all been moved down to the next row, but they are centered and hidden behind Espresso Machines * Grinders * Coffees * Buying Advice * Lever Espresso Machines.

Oh, yeah, the agent is:

Browser is Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; GT-I9000 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1