How to post on Buy/Sell?

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
dchooo

Postby dchooo » Jun 11, 2019, 1:49 pm

Is there some kind of membership I need to purchase to post things on this site? I've already activated my account also so I dont know what the issue. I can't find a moderator either. Very frustrating. I feel like an old person thats never used a computer before.

Chert

Postby Chert » Jun 11, 2019, 1:53 pm

See the cover page of the "Buy/Sell" forum. The "Read before posting" thread should clarify quite well.

RapidCoffee
Team HB

Postby RapidCoffee » Jun 11, 2019, 1:55 pm

The first post in the Buy/Sell forum is the readme you are looking for:
Read before posting
John

dchooo

Postby dchooo » Jun 11, 2019, 3:51 pm

wow. did not know this forum was so strict.

Chert

Postby Chert » Jun 11, 2019, 3:54 pm

Strictness is the root of great espresso, you know. :wink:

Spitz.me

Postby Spitz.me » Jun 11, 2019, 4:11 pm

dchooo wrote:wow. did not know this forum was so strict.

Strict or appropriate? No one wants a B/S/T forum to be littered with garbage spam and Craigslist postings that are left to die. Home-Barista isn't Ebay or Craigslist so I don't think what Dan has decided is inappropriate at all.
I know I've pulled a great shot when the flavour is 'like a beany taste that tastes like a bean'.

HB
Admin

Postby HB » Jun 16, 2019, 11:02 am

dchooo wrote:I can't find a moderator either.

See the Contact Us page; it's linked at the bottom of every page. Or you can PM all the moderators at once by adding "moderators" to the recipients list.
Dan Kehn

friarchambers

Postby friarchambers » Jun 16, 2019, 5:23 pm

Spitz.me wrote:Strict or appropriate? No one wants a B/S/T forum to be littered with garbage spam and Craigslist postings that are left to die. Home-Barista isn't Ebay or Craigslist so I don't think what Dan has decided is inappropriate at all.

I've been learning (*read: lurking*) from HB for years and the clear buy/sell guidelines are what finally got me to join & participate. This place is worth it!