Home Barista MVP - Questions or comments?

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
HB
Admin

#1: Post by HB » Feb 15, 2019, 9:54 pm

The official voting for the Home Barista MVP sponsored by La Marzocco Home has started! This thread is for any questions, comments, bug reports, etc.

Dan Kehn

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by yakster » Feb 15, 2019, 10:58 pm

I voted.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB » Feb 21, 2019, 8:36 am

Tomorrow will be one week after voting started; the first winner will be announced a week later. So far, here are the top 20 nominees, ordered alphabetically:
  • Almico
    bidoowee
    CwD
    erics
    EvergreenBuzzBuzz
    hankbates
    ira
    JayBeck
    jbviau
    MaKoMo
    mivanitsky
    OldNuc
    Paul_Pratt
    pcrussell50
    peacecup
    Peppersass
    Randy G.
    redbone
    russel
    yakster
Note that you can vote for Team HB members, but they are not eligible for awards, only bragging rights. :D
Dan Kehn

Javier

#4: Post by Javier » replying to HB » Feb 21, 2019, 9:17 am

Hmmm.... none of Jim ("anotherJim") or Tom ("TomC") or Samuel ("samlaw") are included on that list.... I feel like preparing an AeroPress using Starbucks darkest roast and brewed at 140 degrees.
LMWDP #115

HB
Admin

#5: Post by HB » Feb 22, 2019, 8:44 pm

That's true! Maybe we'll have a separate round just for Team HB (though I know who'd win that... and it isn't me :lol:).

For those who are curious, click here for the current top 20 nominees. We'll pick the winner from this list next weekend and then reset the votes. To keep things interesting, I'm thinking the actual winner will be picked randomly from the top 20 instead of by ranking. That way those who appear in the second or third round will have the same chance in that round as someone who's not make the list in prior rounds.
Dan Kehn

HB
Admin

#6: Post by HB » Feb 28, 2019, 8:08 am

Voting for the first round ends tomorrow! The finalists list is currently:
  • Almico
    bidoowee
    DaveC
    erics
    EvergreenBuzzBuzz
    ira
    JayBeck
    jbviau
    MaKoMo
    mivanitsky
    OldNuc
    Paul_Pratt
    pcrussell50
    Peppersass
    perfectwheels
    Randy G.
    russel
    walt_in_hawaii
    yakster
Please note: Since the prize is a six-month subscription to coffee with shipping considerations, La Marzocco Home limits the winners to those in the US. Regrettably, a few of the above finalists will not be part of the drawing, but are recognized above as MVP nominees.
Dan Kehn

HB
Admin

#7: Post by HB » Mar 01, 2019, 7:08 pm

For this round, here are the finalists:
  • Almico
    BaristaBob
    Chert
    EvergreenBuzzBuzz
    FotonDrv
    JayBeck
    OldNuc
    Peppersass
    Randy G.
    erics
    hankbates
    ira
    jbviau
    mivanitsky
    pcrussell50
    peacecup
    perfectwheels
    russel
    walt_in_hawaii
    yakster
The nominee MVPs above will be receiving instructions shortly via PM explaining how to claim their number in the finalist drawing. They will have 48 hours to claim their drawing number and the winner will be automatically chosen this Sunday at 6pm EST. Good luck!
Dan Kehn

Chert
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by Chert » Mar 01, 2019, 7:25 pm

I would have never thought it. I receive more than I give for sure from HB, but I think that prize is quite exciting, and thanks for votes received HBers!
(Flattered I am) :D

HB
Admin

#9: Post by HB » Mar 03, 2019, 9:35 pm

And by random draw of the finalist pool, the winner is Flint (Chert)! Congratulations, I will be sending you information on how to claim your prize.
Dan Kehn

jbviau
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by jbviau » Mar 03, 2019, 11:53 pm

Congrats, Flint!
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias