Helpful Posts - Page 2

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
robin416

#11: Post by robin416 »

Quick question, where on the forum is the new "helpful posts" positioned? I just looked for it and either looked right past it or it's in a place I didn't think to look.

HB (original poster)
Admin

#12: Post by HB (original poster) »

It's displayed at the bottom of the post (see the first post of this thread). The ones that you mark as helpful are always shown to you, assuming you're logged in. A post has to have a few votes before its displayed to other members or visitors who aren't logged in; this is to avoid cluttering posts with "Helpful" banners if they only have a single vote (e.g., a member is using it as a sort of personal bookmark).
Dan Kehn

Spitz.me

#13: Post by Spitz.me »

Dan, I love to see the HB forums become more intuitive and seeing value-added features that improve quality of life. However, forgive my forthcoming cynicism for something like this new feature because I like the spirit of the functionality.

I imagine there will be clutter regardless of whether there's a "helpful" tag or not since I imagine "helpful" will, in time be used like a "like" button. Almost everything will become "helpful" or else you're not giving due credit for even the most mundane of posts.
LMWDP #670

HB (original poster)
Admin

#14: Post by HB (original poster) »

I raised some of the same concerns in Time to revisit the "Like" button? We'll see how it plays out. I'm a data driven kind of guy. If necessary, we can tweak the implementation to discourage maladaptive behaviors.
Dan Kehn