Getting logged out a lot - Page 5

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
gtemkin

#41: Post by gtemkin »

I haven't seen it mentioned, but with Safari if you are browsing in PRIVATE mode you will not be auto logged on and it will seem like you're always being logged out.

Don't use PRIVATE browsing and see if that fixes things after you logon.

HB
Admin

#42: Post by HB »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:I want to save the cookies not clear them.
Sorry, I should have been clearer: The instructions above are for viewing whether the cookies are present. I've noted that some phone browsers seem to discard cookies more frequently than their desktop equivalent; I may have to write some diagnostic code to figure out what's going on.

In the meantime, go to the Manage "Remember Me" login keys page. It shows you all the auto-logins you have active; if there's more than one entry, it's because you logged in with multiple browsers/devices. To bring your sessions to a "known state", you could delete all the keys in this dialog, log out, and clear your browser cache. When you login the next time, confirm that "Remember me" is checked, after which you should see only one entry in the above dialog.

It's my guess that your browser either (a) didn't save or (b) is discarding the "hbforums31_k" cookie that corresponds to the auto-login. Perhaps because of the privacy settings? Unfortunately it appears the Change your privacy settings are much more limited for Chrome on the iPhone versus Android (surprise, surprise :roll:), i.e., you can't whitelist specific sites.

I've been a Chrome fan for years, but I may give Firefox another try. They claim it's gotten faster and has enhanced privacy settings. Chrome was developed by Google; as much as I like that company, I do have the nagging feeling they are more likely to treat users as data. :| Firefox has a managed login feature that might be worth trying if the native HB one isn't working for you.
gtemkin wrote:Don't use PRIVATE browsing and see if that fixes things after you logon.
Good point! By default, private mode discards all cookies once you close the browser.
Dan Kehn

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#43: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

HB wrote:It occurs when the browser deletes the session cookie HB uses. In Chrome, you can display this site's cookies by entering chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=home-barista.com as the browser's address. The cookie hbforums31_sid is the one used for keeping track of your session. If you click the "Remember me" checkbox on login, the hbforums31_u and hbforums31_k cookies are set to remember your user ID and login key.
Interesting, these two cookies seem to have a duration of only a week. It's possible that is what I am seeing happen.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

HB
Admin

#44: Post by HB »

Whaaaaaat? You're not visiting every day? :lol: You're right, the "remember me" key is purged after 7 days. I've increased it to 30 days.
Dan Kehn