Getting logged out a lot - Page 4

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
drgary
Team HB

#31: Post by drgary »

Safari kept my login on my MacBook. The Safari login was lost on my iPhone 6. Chrome lost the login on both devices. And Safari doesn't display both graphics in a post on my MacBook or iPhone, but Chrome does. Ah, technology!

Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

robin416

#32: Post by robin416 »

I can't login at all with my Iphone 7. Nor with my Iphone 5. I thought it was because it wouldn't let me be logged in on my computer and another location at the same time.

RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#33: Post by RockyIII »

My iPhone 7 Plus with Safari never logs me out except of course when I clear the browsing history, as that removes the cookie. For my desktop computer I use a program that selectively keeps the cookies I want, but I don't know of an app like that for the iPhone.

Rocky

robin416

#34: Post by robin416 »

Tried again on my Iphone 7, it says I exceeded my login attempts, did the captcha and nothing. It came right back to the login/captcha screen.

drgary
Team HB

#35: Post by drgary »

Still staying logged in with Safari on my MacBook but not on the iPhone 6S Plus, and still not seeing all graphics on either. Logged out again on Chrome on the MacBook but still logged on in the iPhone. Gremlins.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#36: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

I am getting logged out alot - Chrome, W10. Also on my phone when accessing an email in Gmail.
PW is saved but why the log out?
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

HB
Admin

#37: Post by HB »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:...why the log out?
It occurs when the browser deletes the session cookie HB uses. In Chrome, you can display this site's cookies by entering chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=home-barista.com as the browser's address. The cookie hbforums31_sid is the one used for keeping track of your session. If you click the "Remember me" checkbox on login, the hbforums31_u and hbforums31_k cookies are set to remember your user ID and login key.
Dan Kehn

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#38: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Thanks Dan. Is there a similar way to do this on an iPhone in safari and chrome?
Artisan.Plus User-

HB
Admin

#39: Post by HB »

I wasn't sure, so I googled it and found How do I view (not just clear) cookies from the iPhone, Android and other smartphones? A poster there suggests "On iPhone, you can go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data, there you can view and clear all the cookies there."
Dan Kehn

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#40: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz replying to HB »

I want to save the cookies not clear them. Logging in on the phone is a PIA.
Artisan.Plus User-