Getting HTTP 520 Error Code - 2022 Edition

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
learncoffee

#1: Post by learncoffee »

I started seeing this error this afternoon, a couple of times already. I remember we had this same error issue last year.

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Nunas »

Perhaps related, perhaps not, but I've noticed that in the afternoon PST, the site is often exceptionally slow to respond.

HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

Bots, gotta love them. :roll: I'll turn up the sensitivity to aggressive bots; it helps site performance, but it sometimes blocks legitimate visitors and increases unwanted logouts.
Dan Kehn

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

I'm not seeing any problems on my end, but Cloudflare has reported network performance issues that they claim are now resolved. :?
Dan Kehn

HB
Admin

#5: Post by HB »

I noticed some slowdowns this morning but none in the afternoon or evening. :D
Dan Kehn

HB
Admin

#6: Post by HB »

Seeing unexplained slowdowns... on the server end, it looks great. I'll keep monitoring it and think happy thoughts.
Dan Kehn

HB
Admin

#7: Post by HB »

I saw loads of slowdowns over the weekend and tried fiddling with database tuning. Not sure it would help, but today everything is hunky-dory. I'm sure Cloudflare would say it's on my end. :|
Dan Kehn

HB
Admin

#8: Post by HB »

I haven't seen any slowdowns for awhile, so I'm closing the books on this 2022 edition.

In addition to some minor database tuning, I also switched the email notifications to queued versus immediate. This should help with the long delay when submitting a post, but it has the minor consequence of delaying notifications to subscribers. So far, I've really not noticed, but let me know if you fail to get email notifications for your subscribed topics.
Dan Kehn