Flashing - moving ads - ugh!

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
howard seth

#1: Post by howard seth »

I can live with coffee ads on Home Barista - for sure - but those changing moving active type ads - are extremely distracting and irritating to me... (like turning on a flashlight and blinking it in my eyes) Is it possible to just have 'still ads' - (or is it I'm just a sensitive guy?)
Howie

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

I haven't seen what you're talking about, but you can turn off ads or limit them to only sponsors.
Dan Kehn

Advertisement
howard seth (original poster)

#3: Post by howard seth (original poster) »

Thanks.. I did not know I could do that.

Howard
Howie

cpreston
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by cpreston »

I have always left ads on, but agree that the flashing ones have become so intrusive that I now turn them all off.

HB
Admin

#5: Post by HB »

Hmm-m, it may be new "page level" ads. I've disabled them. Let me know if that reduces the annoyance factor.
Dan Kehn

robin416

#6: Post by robin416 »

Luckily I don't see what Howard is seeing due to my settings but I agree with him completely. It might be the cataracts but I too find flashing ads hard on my eyes, not just flashing but those that scroll are a problem.

Might be time for advertisers to get a clue here, if not for the flash ads more people would probably not be blocking all ads.

#7: Post by howard seth (original poster) »

Some ads still keep changing/flashing - others do not even though I turned flash off in the control panel. Such as the one at the top of the page right now for la marzocco - switching relentlessly to 3 different images.
Howie

Advertisement

#8: Post by howard seth (original poster) »

Also: I checked this in both Firefox and Safari. Both show the ads the same. I also notice that though I removed my website from my profile (because it does not exist currently) it still shows below my name. It appears: The control panel is not responding properly.
Howie

HB
Admin

#9: Post by HB »

I've not seen any flashing ads since changing the setting. Is this a mobile phone or desktop? As for your site, you had included it in your signature; I removed it for you.
Dan Kehn

#10: Post by howard seth (original poster) »

Thanks for removing the website.
I am using a desktop - iMac i5 -circa 2011 - OSX Sierra - 10.12.6
Howie