Even more improved support for mobile phones - Page 3

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
Bodka Coffee

#21: Post by Bodka Coffee »

It's nice, isn't it? :)

SpromoSapiens

#22: Post by SpromoSapiens »

Actually, there does one remain one tiny gripe with the new mobile look, which I also had with the old look... No "views" counter. After I start a new thread from my laptop I tend to check back frequently to how popular a thread it is, particularly if there's a delay in anyone responding. I can't do that from a phone without the "views" counter. Any chance that can get worked in somewhere?
Thanks again!

Oh... as long as I'm piling up a wish list -- how about a win 8.1 touch-friendly option? Big fat buttons, for tablet-style browsing. That'd be sweet.

Bob_McBob

#23: Post by Bob_McBob »

I'm no longer taken to the newest unread post when I open a thread, so I have to dig through and find where I left off last time. Is that intentional?
Chris

HB (original poster)
Admin

#24: Post by HB (original poster) »

SpromoSapiens wrote:Actually, there does one remain one tiny gripe with the new mobile look, which I also had with the old look... No "views" counter.
I'm trying not to clutter up the mobile interface with too much information, but this sounds worthwhile. I added a "Views" counter and removed the bold emphasis.
SpromoSapiens wrote:Big fat buttons, for tablet-style browsing. That'd be sweet.
That's the so-called Metro layout. Next upgrade, OK? :D
Dan Kehn

HB (original poster)
Admin

#25: Post by HB (original poster) »

Bob_McBob wrote:I'm no longer taken to the newest unread post when I open a thread, so I have to dig through and find where I left off last time. Is that intentional?
No, that's a goof. It should be corrected now, thanks for the report.
Dan Kehn

jbviau
Supporter ★

#26: Post by jbviau »

Dan, I'm enjoying the improved mobile experience so far (thanks!), with one exception. I typically head straight to the "recent topics" view and then browse. On my iPhone 5, I can no longer see *who* made the most recent post in each thread using that view; whether or not I click through depends to some extent on this info. We're not talking about a high-priority issue here, but is it something that you might be willing to address?
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

HB (original poster)
Admin

#27: Post by HB (original poster) »

Looking on my phone now, I don't think there's room for the last poster's name without causing a wrap to three lines.
Dan Kehn

Bob_McBob

#28: Post by Bob_McBob »

HB wrote:No, that's a goof. It should be corrected now, thanks for the report.
It seems to be working for me except when I click the "latest forum post" links on the front page.
Chris

HB (original poster)
Admin

#29: Post by HB (original poster) »

That's how the old forum worked (just checked my backup test server). But it's not a bad idea, i.e., if you're logged in, the last link on the main index goes automatically to the last unread. If you're not logged in, it goes to the actual last link. I'll add that to my list of improvement to-dos.
Dan Kehn

drgary
Team HB

#30: Post by drgary »

After logging on my first action is usually to see what's happening with threads where I have recently been participating. The "My posts" index is no longer listed in the drop down menu or the banner menu listing on top. Is this a permanent change or is it temporarily missing while being recoded? Is there some other way to find that index that I am not seeing?
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!