"Dark Mode" & Traditional Emoticons Request - Page 2

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
Spitz.me

#11: Post by Spitz.me »

Dan this is so much better than the plugin I found for Chrome. Any weirdness is easily tolerable compared to the nightmare that transpired using the plugin.

Thank you!
LMWDP #670

yakster
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by yakster »

Thanks for the dark mode toggle, Dan. This should help with battery life on my phone too.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Jeff
Team HB

#13: Post by Jeff »

Definitely appreciated for those 2 AM periods when I remember why I shouldn't drink coffee in the afternoon.

Spitz.me

#14: Post by Spitz.me »

yakster wrote:Thanks for the dark mode toggle, Dan. This should help with battery life on my phone too.
LOL :shock:

Sounds like someone spends a lot of time on H-B... unlike me! :wink:
LMWDP #670

mivanitsky
Supporter ★

#15: Post by mivanitsky »

It looks good here on iPhone 10 Xs Max (Safari/Chrome) and on Dell 4k monitors (Os X, Chrome)

Thanks for the addition. It should prove popular.

IamOiman
Team HB

#16: Post by IamOiman »

I basically squealed when I saw the little moon adjacent to the notifications icon. I love dark mode and am very happy now HB has the capability without needing external extensions.

It also reflects my preferred brewed coffee prep when I am not drinking espresso 8)
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

Chert

#17: Post by Chert »

My avatar looks so strident in dark mode. Almost like TomC's sunset above. :lol:
LMWDP #198

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#18: Post by pizzaman383 »

I love dark mode!
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

DaveB

#19: Post by DaveB »

Noticed a rather glaring bug today on the iMac. I have setting to normal mode. Every time I click a link, when the page is rendered it's in dark mode! I'll switch it back, yet it goes back to dark mode relentlessly.

FWIW, Mac OS version 10.14.6, Safari version 13.1

Switching to iPad for sanity's sake. :D
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

HB
Admin

#20: Post by HB »

I added code to respect the system preferences; on the Mac, it's under System Preferences > General > Appearance. I assume you have yours set to "Dark", so the site switched to match. But I see what you mean: What if you like dark mode in general, but want to override it for a specific site? So I've disabled that code and the sun/moon button will ignore the system preferences.
Dan Kehn