Daily login required again... - Page 4

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
HB
Admin

#31: Post by HB »

Right, I noticed it too, and restarted the server. Then everything appeared normal except for the dropped sessions.
Dan Kehn

RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#32: Post by RockyIII »

HB wrote:What is a "cookie manager" and how did you correct it? I honestly don't recall doing anything around March 26th that started this recent conversation. I've applied a few possible fixes, not really knowing what the cause is. Sometimes it's just a browser change that breaks websites like HB. :|
Dan, I clean the internet cache and cookies from my computer daily using CCleaner, and it has a cookie manager so I can avoid deleting cookies for websites with stored passwords that I want to keep. For Home-Barista, I have two saved cookies, home-barista.com and www.home-barista.com. I accidentally deleted the second one, and adding it back solved my particular problem.

Advertisement
JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#33: Post by JohnB. »

This started again for me yesterday. Today I get logged out just changing pages.
LMWDP 267

HB
Admin

#34: Post by HB »

Hmm-m. I've been working on fixing the "images not oriented correctly" problem, but that shouldn't affect login. Of course, I'm not seeing this problem and can't reproduce it, which makes investigating the cause difficult. :? I'll try clearing the server cache and see if that helps.
Dan Kehn

ira
Team HB

#35: Post by ira »

FWIW, he's not the only one seeing this.

Ira

PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#36: Post by PIXIllate »

Also being required to login multiple times per day.

HB
Admin

#37: Post by HB »

HB wrote:I've been working on fixing the "images not oriented correctly" problem, but that shouldn't affect login.
So much for that theory! After further investigation, it may well have caused this problem and I have uploaded a correction.
Dan Kehn

Advertisement
boren

#38: Post by boren »

I constantly (every day) have to log in when I use the forum. It happens on three computers as well as my phone. Is there any way for logins to stick, preferably indefinitely?

HB
Admin

#39: Post by HB »

I merged your thread with another on the same topic (which unfortunately was a continuation of Getting logged out a lot from 2015).

This site uses cookies for keeping track of your login session. Some browsers are more aggressive about expiring cookies, especially mobile browsers. And some ad blockers/tracking protection extensions block or expire cookies prematurely, resulting in logouts. If you click here and copy/paste the text, I may be able to offer more specific suggestions.
Dan Kehn

boren

#40: Post by boren »

It just happened again. Here are my browser details:
Browser is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.182 Safari/537.36 Edg/88.0.705.74
Mobile: false
Tablet: false
Capability: A
Ad blocker: false
Do not track: true
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,image/apng,*/*;q=0.8,application/signed-exchange;v=b3;q=0.9
I guess the "Do not track: true" looks suspicious...?