Cross posting clarification for the Buy/Sell forum

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
Lorien

#1: Post by Lorien »

Hi,

Is there an admin or senior user who can comment on cross posting for buy/sell? I've read the message on this topic, which is focused primarily on other espresso/coffee sites. The Read Before Posting notice does mention that you cannot promote an eBay/CL for sale item on HB, so my question is:

If a HB member has an item listed on Craigslist, should that listing be removed entirely before posting for sale here? (or is it okay to have the two exist separately so long as one is not promoting/reposting the other).

Sorry if this has been previously answered, I did some searching first but didn't find the specific answer. This seems to be a pretty sensitive topic on HB, so as a newer user I'd like to completely understand so I can do the right thing

Thanks!

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

From the Read before posting in the Buy/Sell forum:
  • Please respect the site's no cross-posting policy. Moderators reserve the right to delete cross-posts.
  • Promoting or reposting your eBay, craigslist, or other listings on this site is not permitted. Moderators reserve the right to delete promotional posts.
I believe it answers your question, i.e., if your sale is on another platform, please don't post it here. If you delete it from other platforms, I suppose that's fine, but a plethora of "transactional" posts are not the type of posts we want to encourage. There's many other sites dedicated to that purpose, eBay/craigslist being just two popular examples.

Simply stated, the Buy/Sell is for casual sales. If you're really impatient to sell something, perhaps HB's buy/sell is not a good choice. Of course, if you really, really, really want to post it here anyway, you can always take out a paid [AD], which bypasses all the aforementioned restrictions. Contact me offline if interested.
Dan Kehn

Lorien (original poster)

#3: Post by Lorien (original poster) »

Thanks Dan,

This does clarify, and I think the reason I asked for more information was it didn't explicitly state that two sale posts couldn't co-exist. I only ready the cross posting doc once, but I also recall it was kind of grey-area, saying something like it's discouraged, but not forbidden. My new understanding is that HB really wants any listing here to be more exclusive - which is cool with me.

Anyway, I'm not in an extreme hurry to part ways with my machine, and I'm more interested in getting it into the hands of someone who will love it like I have. Thanks again for the additional info.